Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sleep Paralysis In African Americans

Sleep paralysis, also known as isolated sleep paralysis, affects people all over the world, regardless of race or social position. Research shows that most people experience it at least once in their lives. African Americans, however, experience recurrent sleep paralysis at a much higher rate than anyone else. When compared to whites it is 59% to 7% according one study.

The significant difference in the frequency of sleep paralysis between the two races has been attributed to factors such as poverty, racism and genetics. I believe it has more to do with ancestry than anything else.

While asleep one night during a recent trip to Ghana I experienced an attack. The next day, I talked about it with my driver. I told him I had been experiencing it all my life; waking up paralyzed, unable to move or speak. He seemed surprised that I had brought the subject up, but went on to say that this was very common in Africa, especially Ghana.

He said Ghanaians don't refer to it as sleep paralysis or consider it a medical condition requiring treatment. They know it is an evil spirit attacking them at night. Many even see the spirit. He told me that the reason they have these sleep attacks so much is due to the practice of witchcraft throughout the country.

A great number of African Americans are descended from Africans transported from the slave castles along the Ghanaian coast. When their ancestors came to America, the spirits causing the paralysis traveled with them and continued their activity among their descendants. People descended from Europeans who immigrated from countries steeped in fairy lore and witchcraft have had spirits passed on to them as well.

While social factors play a role in how often sleep paralysis occurs in an African American's life, they should not be seen as the cause. They only contribute to more mental activity at night, which increases the time an individual drifts between states of consciousness. This drifting leaves the individual more susceptible to demonic attack. Sometimes they dismiss it as a dream. Sometimes they forget about it completely. Others know something unusual took place, but don't see it as anything to be concerned about.

I was sharing one of my sleep paralysis stories with an African American friend who suddenly remembered having an experience of her own. It was like a forgotten dream that came back to her in full detail. She was afraid once she realized what it was, but when I explained how to handle it, she seemed okay. The fear wasn't totally gone, and I don't know if she would have preferred staying in the dark about it, but I felt like I'd done her a big favor.

Regardless of our race or ethnic background, we need to be aware of sleep paralysis and know exactly what it is and how to overcome it. Demons don't care what color their victim is. And whatever they're doing to us in the night, it's a lot more complex than just riding our chest or back. I have a theory and I'll share it in the future. For now, let's just realize that we're at war. And when it comes to sleep paralysis, we wrestle not against flesh and blood.

Charles Allen is a writer of urban and paranormal fiction, and author of the novel The Gangsta Prophecy. His website is http://www.thegangstaprophecy.com.
Blog: http://www.sleepparalysis411.com

You can find additional info at the following links:

Click Here for more information
Click Here for more information

3 comments:

  1. GOD has certainly lead me here this hour because before sharing this I prayed he lead me to site where my testimony will become blessing to people lives. I found out 4years ago that I was infected with HIV because I was engaged to a man that i knew I should have never had in my life. Like most of us here the HOLY SPIRIT was warning me but I decided to do what I wanted . He never came out to tell me he had it I just happened to go through some old stuff he left at my house and there some antiviral meds appeared . I got checked and was diagnosed. It instantly felt like agony!!! The enemy tempt me with suicide,depression and all kinds of unhealthy emotion. I was looking for love in all the wrong places and people. The enemy kept speaking to me that my life was over.. But one day I quickly with tears in my eyes prayed to GOD for healing. And GOD showed me a vision that my cure is in nature I woke up prayed over it, gradually I started having passion for herbs then gradually I started using for treatment. One evening I think early February this year after my evening prayer I was on a site on herbal remedies for STD and a page was telling possible cure for herpes, then on peoples comments I saw testimonies of people telling how same DR yakubu have successfully cured them of herpes and he cured all manner of STD including HIV. I copied his contact.. .... That same night in my dream I was in the doctor office and the doctor telling me there’s been a mistake THAT I’M FREE FROM ANY DISEASE in my body. I woke up the next morning and prayed over it then contacted DR YAKUBU who immediately responded to me he talked to me and assured me of permanent cure if I finish taking certain quantity of his meds of which I ordered for immediately and started use. Within few weeks of use I noticed total relieved in my body system then went for a test and was confirmed negative and another test and the result was same. Glory be to GOD who cured me as he promised. God is real and he still saves humans through fellow humans. Reach DR YAKUBU through his e-mail;dryakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using this herbal cure remedy for 3 months now. So far, it has cured my HERPES, eliminated my COLD SORE, improved energy and metabolism, in the morning I feel recharged and I no longer feel sleepy after a meal. As for the scent, it does smell like motor oil but I chase it down with 100% Cranberry Juice 1tsp. twice a day AFTER a meal. I also experienced vivid dreams for about 5 days now it's diminishing to during the first 2 or 3 hours of sleep . contact dr OSE: EMAIL: droseherbalcurehome@gmail.com or call/whatsapp +2348117923778 you can get the cure from him and be free from all kinds of diseases.
    HIV/AIDS
    Diabtetes
    Cancer
    hepatitis

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY HIV HEALING TESTIMONY

    My mouth is short of words, i am so happy because Dr voodoo has healed me
    from HIV which i have been suffering from the past 5years now, i have
    spend a lot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, i have
    tried all means in life to always i can become HIV negative one day, but
    there was no answer until i found Dr voodoo the parish of African who
    provide me some healing herbs that i uses , now i am glad telling everyone
    that i am now HIV Negative, i am very happy, thank you Dr voodoo for
    helping my life comes back newly without any form of crisis, may the good
    lord that i serve blessed you Dr voodoo and equip you to the higher grade
    for healing my life. i am so amazed. so i will announced to everyone in
    this whole world that is HIV positive to please follow my advice and get
    healed on time, because we all knows that HIV disease is a deadly
    type,contact Dr voodoo for your HIV healing herbs today at:
    voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com He will be
    always happy to assist you online and ensure you get healed on time,
    contact Dr voodoo today for your healing hearbs immediately, you can also
    add him on whatsApp +2348140120719 thank you sir.

    ReplyDelete